Berger Commercial Realty is always looking for hardworking and talented individuals to join our firm. From our offices in Fort Lauderdale, Miramar and Boynton Beach, we invite candidates from all professional backgrounds and industries to connect with us and discover everything Berger Commercial Realty has to offer.
For more information about current openings and career opportunities at Berger Commercial Realty, contact CKawiorski@bergercommercial.com.
- Develop/maintain asset plans that include site & market information, capital expenditures and non-budgeted expenses.
- Responsible for the management and evaluation of assigned portfolio; identify opportunities to maximize overall portfolio value both monetarily and intrinsically.
- Coordinate and oversee various types of real estate projects under a team-based approach with internal and/or external organizations.
- Ensure compliance/monitoring with contractual terms and requirements.
- Oversee the assigned property management team and their portfolio; communicate regularly with Senior Executives with updates on relevant subject matters.
- Ensure compliance with owner’s objectives concerning P&L, operational efficiencies, and growth potential.
- Maintain intimate industry knowledge to ensure compliance with the best interest of the assets, owners, and Company; Identify problem areas and recommend action plans to mitigate risks.
- Prepare and/or review financial statements, budgets/reports to include but not limited to operating expense reconciliation, rent roll analysis, monthly financial reports/summaries; has strong knowledge and understanding of CPI increases, escalations, recoveries, etc
- Oversees tenant improvement construction and Capital Improvement projects as necessary
- Competitively bids and prepare all service contracts to assure high quality and cost-effective services.
- Regularly evaluate vendors for performance, may indirectly supervise maintenance personnel to maintain highest standards
- Regularly inspect tenant space, common areas, base building areas and grounds to ensure high level of maintenance. Review property managers inspection reports for all assets.
- Provide ad-hoc analytical support as needed
- Must possess hands-on commercial real estate industry knowledge and experience.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Experience in working independently as well as collaboratively and consult with clients.
- Strong time management skills; ability to multi-task and effectively managing priorities while delivering consistent, quality work product, and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of the generally accepted practices for accounting, financial analysis, real estate operations, and property management.
- Able to interpret and analyze budgets, financial reports, CAM reconciliation, insurance and real estate taxes
- Strong computer literacy skills, proficient with Microsoft Office (word, excel, powerpoint, etc)
- Working Knowledge Property Management software
- 30%-40% travel (locally) within assigned portfolio required
- Demonstrated strong analytical, communication, project management, administrative and leadership skills.
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment.
- Dependable, flexible and have highest ethical and professional conduct, integrity, and able to handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance available the first month after your 60 day anniversary
- 401(k) with company match
- Direct deposit
- Paid holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
Berger Commercial Realty is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are integral to our continued success. Berger Commercial Realty provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other status protected under federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.