About Berger Commercial's Asset Management Services
Berger Special Assets, a subsidiary of Berger Commercial Realty, provides comprehensive expertise in preserving the viability and value of distressed commercial properties. A subsidiary of Berger Commercial Realty/ CORFAC International, Berger Special Assets, (Lloyd Berger, Receiver), has successfully served as court appointed receiver in excess of 200 workouts, turnarounds, foreclosures, bankruptcy trusteeships and deeds in lieu since the division was established in 2008. In addition, Lloyd Berger and Berger Special Assets has served as receiver, management company, leasing and sales agent for distressed commercial assets of all classes on behalf of lenders and bankruptcy trustees over 200 times.
Our knowledge of court proceedings involved in foreclosures and receivership matters helps to create an appointment that is adequate in scope and authority. Also, as a result of the strength of our full-service real estate platform, we work in a variety of contexts with other appointed receivers and bankruptcy trustees for a cost effective option to stabilize and maximize value of commercial and multifamily real estate.
Backed by the full-service proficiencies of our 65+ person Berger Commercial Realty team, we mobilize quickly to stabilize assets, offer professional property management services throughout the process, and often are engaged to lease, manage, reposition and market REO properties for sale.
Providing a comprehensive solution for owners, lenders and the courts, our integrated real estate services include:
- Rapid rollout to stabilize operations and retain tenants
- Direction of property management team
- Property-specific marketing, leasing and sale strategies
- Industry-leading software for analysis and reporting
- Strategic asset monetization plan
- Turnaround assistance for large property portfolios
- Lender and investor consultation
- Lender workout and restructuring advice
- Loan workout strategies for debtors and creditors
- Due diligence for commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBSs)
- Collateralized debt obligations (CDOs)
- Broker Opinions of Value
- REO asset management, leasing, redevelopment or liquidation
- Exclusive disposition agent for REO assets and mortgages
Privately owned and distinguished by our client-centric service, Berger Commercial Realty/CORFAC International is part of a global network of independently owned commercial real estate brokerage firms. Providing full-service, sophisticated third-party brokerage, property management and receivership services throughout the state, the firm is consistently ranked among the top commercial property management firms based in South Florida.