Berger Special Assets
Berger Special Assets, a subsidiary of Berger Commercial Realty, handles a variety of distressed situations including non-performing and under-performing loans. Since 1998, we have handled receiverships, workouts, turnarounds, foreclosures, court-appointed receiverships, bankruptcy trustee representation, and deeds in lieu. We also lease, manage, reposition and market REO property for sale.
Providing a comprehensive solution for owners, lenders and the courts, our integrated real estate services include:
- Loan workout strategies for debtors and creditors
- CMBS and CDO pool-acquisition due diligence, underwriting and physical inspections
- Broker Opinions of Value
- REO asset management, leasing, redevelopment or liquidation, disposition of note sales
- Exclusive disposition agent of REO and mortgages
We have effectively administered more than 150 receivership appointments and are well acquainted with the court proceedings involved in the foreclosure process. We provide the necessary tools for smooth transition and offer financial flexibility to create and maintain asset value. By participating in the legal process with our clients and attorneys, we ensure that receivership appointments are adequate in scope and authority. We efficiently handle transactions with a strong focus on cash flow, limited liability and value maximization.
Berger Special Assets also works in concert with appointed receivers and bankruptcy trustees for large, publicly owned corporations, private investment groups and hedge funds in a variety of contexts. We utilize state-of-the-art software to capture, analyze and report critical asset and portfolio information.
Our expert services include:
- Asset preservation and rapid rollout to stabilize property operations and retain tenants
- Oversight and direction of onsite property management team
- Creation and evaluation of property-specific marketing, leasing and sale strategies
- Creating strategic plans for monetizing real estate assets
- Assisting turnaround management teams with large portfolios of properties
- Consulting with lenders and investors on value maximization
- Advising lenders on workouts and restructuring when a bankruptcy alternative may exist